Short Course (5-mile)
- Keiki Girls; Keiki Boys; Keiki Coed
- Novice Women, Novice Men, Novice Coed
- Women, Men, Coed (Open Division only)
Long Course (10-mile)
- Women: Open (Unlimited/Spec); Master (Unlimited/Spec); Senior Master (Spec only)
- Coed: Open (Unlimited/Spec); Master (Unlimited/Spec); Senior Master (Spec only)
Long Course (12-mile)
- Men: Open (Unlimited/Spec); Master (Unlimited, Spec); Senior Master (Spec only)
- Master division is 40y/o+.
- Senior Master division is 50y/o+.
- Non-NCOCA crews will need to provide proof of age to race Master/Senior Master Divisions.
- Master & Senior Master coed crews may use the average age of the six paddlers to determine age division. Proof of age will be required & only applies to co-ed crews.
- Anyone under the age of 13 must wear a life jacket per Coast Guard regulations.
- Parking is limited, please carpool.
- Spray skirts mandatory.
- Please respect the Park, let’s stay green. Recycle, Compost, Trash bins near Registration, please do not use park trash bins.
- Due to Coast Guard restrictions on time, any crew in the second race not completing the first half of the course within reasonable distance from the pack will be turned for an early return.
- Conditions in San Francisco Bay include strong tidal currents, wind, fog, freight, ferry, and fishing vessels, fishing lines, sailing yachts, sightseeing ships, sea lions, seals, & swimmers. Capable crews and experienced steerspeople a must!
- If you need to borrow a canoe for the race, there may be a limited number of canoes available provided by local NCOCA clubs. If you wish to request to borrow, please fill out the registration form as early as possible as the requests are handled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Entry Fee: $150 per crew; $60 per Keiki crew.
- Pre-registration via NCOCA system with canoe number required.
- Crews need to have: 6 ID cards, Race fees (payable to He'e Nalu OCC) AND their canoe number when arriving at the registration desk.
- Changes cannot be made on race day.
Out-of-town (non-NCOCA) Crews:
- Pre-register and pay online and complete waivers for each paddler (link available soon).
- At race check-in, verify canoe number & division, age verification ID's for Master/Senior Master crews.
- Non-NCOCA paddlers need to sign NCOCA waivers at http://www.ncoca.com/members.html ahead of check-in.
- Short course crews first between 8:00am to 8:30am.
- Once all short course crews are registered (by around 8:30am), Women and Coed crews will be accepted.
- Men's crews should be prepared to complete registration following the Women and Coed crews.
Registration will close 30 Minutes after the women/coed event starts (around 10:30am).
Pre-order commemorative race merchandise to be picked up at the event at the He'e Nalu Online Store.
Limited quantities available for sale at the race sale. Cash and credit cards accepted. They will sell out!